Friday, October 28, 2011

Gone

She never said a word
Screen door slam is all I heard
I guess she’s pissed at me
Bought another Rush CD, and sporting a goatee…

She just won’t understand
The middle age of man
Bargain basement, used, and second hand
Empty roll my days
Darkness pours in waves
Gone, Geddy sings, I’m miles away

The priest is tired of me
Confessing sins on LSD
An empty river road
Running for the mother lode

I float adrift and free
Laugh in minor key
Bones bleached, tangled in debris
Hold this empty glass
This moment will pass
Gone, there it goes, gone at last…

My my my my Myspace blows
Most of my friends I don’t even know
My my my my Facebook sucks
Most of my friends just don’t give a…

I’ll just keep singing
Till sleep comes upon
This tired old son at last

You want to make the drive
Meet me at Hollywood and Vine
Selling postcards of the 405


Ts Corrigan
May 13, 2010

No comments: